Painting and decorating services are one of those things which we all consider at some point. It might be when you have just relocated to a new house you are looking to give your home a makeover. In terms of prices, skill-base and customer service, all painting and decorating services in Perth vary but largely they all offer the same thing.
As the title suggests, all painting and decorating services primarily will decorate and paint but in the way which they will do it will vary. Precisely for this reason, it’s imperative that you have confidence in the service which you are hiring to carry out the work which you want. Needless to say, there are several things that can go wrong when you hire an amateur which is why be sure of whom you are hiring before committing to them.
So, before you commit to any painting and decorating service provider, ask yourself these key questions:-
- Do they clearly understand the job you want them to do? If it’s a complex job, explain it to them clearly before they start the job.
- Do the professionals possess the required skills to do the job which you want?
- Do they have the required qualifications or accreditations that testify to their ability? Even if they are not accredited, don’t assume that they aren’t good enough.
- Do they have work samples or references that demonstrate their quality?
- Do they provide guarantees of their work? If so, what are they?
- Have they provided a quote? Most importantly, have you compared their quote with another service provider? Remember that going for the cheapest option will be unwise. But that doesn’t mean the most expensive quote will be the best.
- Can they work flexibly? This might be important, especially if you have a busy schedule.
- Will they do only your job in a particular time? There are many “one man” businesses which tend to perform several jobs at one time. Refrain from hiring someone who has several jobs on their hand; they might find it hard to focus on your job. Similarly, if they don’t have a single job in their hand, ask them the reason for it.
- Can you trust them? At times, you will have to leave them at your house with your valuables. Most renowned painters in Perth are usually the ones which are law abiding, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t trust anyone else.
- Have you decided on a payment structure? If the job is big and requires a lot of money, make sure to fix a pay structure well beforehand. You have to decide whether you want to pay the amount in a lump sum or make part payments according to the progress of the job.
- Will you keep an eye on them? To ensure that the job is performed just the way you want it to, you will have to supervise the whole process. It will be time-consuming, but the result will be much more satisfactory to you.
To ensure that your houses turn into the envy of your neighbours, ask yourself these questions. Not only will it help you hire the best possible painters for the job but will also ensure that you get your money’s worth.